Every child is special. Just heard that in movies till now, huh?
Well, DU makes it true by acknowledging the fact that it’s not just those 90% marks that guarantee you an admission in DU. Being reputed for its wide range of courses as it is, Delhi University offers a certain number of seats to students who can showcase their talent in other extra-curricular activities and sports.
So, don’t feel left out. You still can secure admission irrespective of your board result.
Here’s the admission procedure for ECA/Sports quota students explained.
The first step of the procedure remains same. You have to fill the online application form. The only difference here will be that you have to check the boxes for ECA/ Sports applications.
Then you would be taken to a portal which will ask you to fill out your experience in tabs and demand a scanned copy of your certificates from 10th std. onwards.
(Tip: You are allowed upload only two/three certificates, so, choose the best ones.)
There are extra charges if you apply for ECA/Sports. Once you have paid the fees, your application is selected for a preliminary round.
The application fee for DU ECA Quota admissions is as follows –
|S. no.||Student category||Fees(In Rupees)|
|2||ECA(Every Category)||100(Additional, (Non-Refundable)|
|3||SC/ PwD/ST||75 (Non-Refundable)|
A document containing all the required information like timings, venue, date and college is uploaded on both DU website and website of the respective venue college.
You will be required to exhibit your skills with the best of your capacity. On basis of that you will be awarded certain marks.
(Note: You can ask the teacher in charge about the judgment criteria on the spot. This will help you focus on crucial parts and will improve your performance)
After this, another list is released of students who cleared prelims, is posted on the DU website. The selected students are required to appear for a final round. Once again, your abilities are put to test. After this round gets over, you need to present the judging committee with a folder containing your certificates. You will marked on basis of both your performance and certificates. DU gives 25% weightage to certificates, whereas, 75% weightage is given to ECA Trials.
SOME IMPORTANT ELEMENTS ABOUT ECA ADMISSIONS
In order to secure a seat by ECA quota you will have to qualify the Trials conducted by DU. It is important to secure at least 50% marks i.e. (38/75) in the final trials in order to qualify through ECA quota admissions.
A Merit list will be prepared by the authorities on the basis of final trials and their percentage in class 12. Admissions will be done on the basis of this list.
DU List of Activities for ECA Trials
- Dance (Indian Classical/ Western/ Indian Folk/ Choreography)
- Music Vocal (Indian Classical/ Western Classical/ Indian Light & Folk/ Western Light)
- Creative Writing (English & Hindi)
- Digital Media (Still Photography/ Animation/ Film Making)
- Music Instrumental (Indian/ Western)
- Fine Arts (Sketching & Painting/ Sculpture)
- Debate (English & Hindi)
- Divinity for minority colleges (For Mata Sundri College, Sri Guru Gobind Singh College of Commerce, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Khalsa College and Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Khalsa College)
The details regarding the ECA Activities and schedule of ECA Trials is provided on the official website of DU. The University and colleges conducting trials also release notices regarding the same both online and offline.
SOME IMPORTANT ELEMENTS ABOUT SPORTS ADMISSIONS
Have you played any sports on international/ National level?
BINGO! GET ADMISSION WITHOUT A TRIAL!
Candidates can take direct admission without appearing for sports trials if they have represented India in either of the following sports leagues:
- Olympic Games by International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Asian Games by the Olympic Council of Asia
- World Championship/ World Cup by International Sports Federations (ISF)
- Asian Championships by International Sports Federations (ISF)
- Commonwealth Games by Commonwealth Games Federations (CGF)
- South Asian Games (SAG) by South Asian Sports Council (SASC)
- Paralympic Games by International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
- DU gives 40% weightage to the sports certificate and 60% weightage to the sports trials of the game for which the candidate has received the certificate.
- The sports trial will include Sport Specific Fitness, Overall Playing Ability and Fundamental Skills.
- Marks for the sports trial will be awarded out of 60 and candidates will have to score at least 30 marks (i.e. 50%) in order to qualify for admission through sports quota.
- Candidates applying for sports quota must also be eligible on the basis of age to participate in inter-university competitions of DU for the next three years of their course duration.
- Also, candidates must not be employed either part-time or full-time while pursuing UG courses at DU through sports quota.
- Games or Sports that are played across the colleges and during inter-college and inter-university competitions at DU will be given preference.
- Final merit list for students applying through sports quota will be displayed by DU on its official website.