DU closed registration for its UG courses Saturday midnight. This year DU has received 2.58 lakh applications for 62000 seats as compared to 2.78 lakh applications last year for 56000 seats.
There is a drop of around 20000 applications for its UG courses as compared to the previous year. But there is a change in statistics on the number of boys and girls applicants this year. This year it received more applications from girls than boys, unlike the previous year.
Out of the 2.58 lakh applications this year, 1.28 lakh are of boys and 1.29 lakh are of girls. Whereas, last year 1.44 lakh boys and 1.34 lakh girls applied for various UG courses. This year 1 application is of transgender too in the regular course category.
Comparison of the number of girl’s v/s boy’s applications over 5 years
- In the year 2015, applications were accepted via both online and offline modes for 54000 seats. A Total of around 2.91 lakh applications were received for various UG courses excluding the entrance-based courses. Out of 2.91 lakh applicant’s number of applications received for girls were 1.22 lakh and for boys were 1.69 lakh.
- In the year 2016, over 2.50 lakh applications were received for admission to various UG courses. The maximum applications were received for English Honours. These 2.50 lakh applications included around 1.30 lakh applications for boys and 1.20 lakh applications for girls.
- In the year 2017, there was a dip in no. of applications as compared to 2016. DU received a total of 2, 21,309 applications in comparison to 2.50 lakh applications the previous year. The reason behind the decrease in the number of applications was due to non-acceptance of duplicate applications. Among 2, 21,309 applications a total of 1, 63,463 boys and 1, 28,779 girls have applied for different UG courses.
- In the year 2018, DU received a total of 2.78 lakh applications which included 1.44 lakh applications for boys and 1.34 lakh applications for girls.
- This year the number of applications received by DU has seen a drop of around 20,000 applications and the reason for the same is the introduction of correction option due to which there is a reduction in multiple registrations by the same person and hence the decrease in the total number of applications. Total applications received this year is 2.58 lakh and out of which 1.29 lakh applicants are of girls and 1.28 lakh applicants are of boys.