Being the topmost college of India for humanities courses, Stephen’s has a slightly different admission procedure than rest of the DU colleges. Applying here, at this dream college is a two step process:-
Step 1: You need to apply on the University portal and complete the form with the payment.
Step 2: Sign up afresh on Stephen’s website in the admissions portal. Some parts of this six-part application will require you to get your facts right and the others will need you to think. We recommend you to use the new facilities provided to you on Stephen’s website. They will help you fill the form in a better manner.
Once you have filled up both these applications, in order to secure admission in this college you will have to clear an aptitude test followed by a personal interview round.
Now, let’s study some other aspects to get a better picture of your chances at admission here.
Number of Seats available
1. 50% of the total seats are reserved for Christian applicants which shall be filled as follows:
- 17% of the seats (or 8.5% of the total seats) by Christian applicants under ST
- 3% (or 1.5 % of the total seats) by Christian Persons with Disabilities (PWD) students
- Up to 40% (or up to 20% of the total seats) for the Church of North India. Out of this 50 % (i.e. 10 % of the total) shall be earmarked for applicants from the Delhi Diocese which manages the college
- The remaining 40% (i.e., 20% of the total seats) shall be filled with candidates from all other Christian denominations – “non CNI churches”
2. The remaining 50% seats in the non-Christian category will be filled as follows:
- 17% (8.5% of the total) for SC/ST
- 3 % (1.5 % of the total) for the PWD applicants
- Remaining 80 % (40% of the total) for General Merit category
3. 21 supernumerary seats are reserved for admission of candidates under Sports category
The candidates who are eligible for the above mentioned courses need to sit for an Aptitude test conducted by the college, based on which the shortlisted candidates are invited for the Interview.
1. Admission is granted on the basis of composite merit to be determined as follows:
- Class XII marks: 85 %
- Written Exam: 5 %
- Interview: 10 %
2. Applicants belonging to Persons with Disability (PwD) category will be exempted from the written Aptitude Test. In these cases, Class 12 marks will be given 85% weightage and interviews a 15% weightage.
3. Candidates applying for admission under the sports category are called for sports trials. Admission is such cases is granted on the basis of composite merit to be determined as follows:
- Sports Merit ( Certificates): 30%
- Field Trials: 35%
- Class 12 marks: 20%
- Interview: 15%
For more information about this college and admissions, read the college prospectus.
Also, the Cut off lists for this year is out. Check it here!